Commodity Operator- Burley, ID
Company: Alto Ingredients, inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Title: Commodity OperatorReports to: Commodities
ManagerDepartment: CommoditiesLocation: Burley, IDSupervises:
N/AClassification: Non-ExemptBuild your career with Alto
Ingredients! Earn a competitive salary, benefits including Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k with a company
dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%, a Wellness program, a stipend for
fitness center expenses, a generous paid time off (PTO) program,
and service awards for career longevity. Alto Ingredients values
the communities where we work and live and offers an extra 8 hours
of paid leave for employees who volunteer their time and talents in
their community.Environment: Alto Ingredients produces and markets
high-quality alcohols for chemical, industrial, and human
consumption, diversified high-value protein and energy products for
livestock, aquatic and pet food markets and renewable fuel grade
ethanol to major and independent oil companies. Alto Ingredients
owns and operates seven production facilities in California, Idaho,
Illinois, and Oregon. The plants have a combined production
capacity of 450 million gallons per year and produce over two
million tons per year of co-products - on a dry matter basis - such
as wet and dry distillers' grains, wet and dry corn gluten feed,
condensed distillers solubles, corn gluten meal, corn germ, corn
oil, distillers yeast and CO2, based on historical volumes. Alto
Ingredients markets and distributes fuel-grade ethanol,
high-quality alcohol products and co-products domestically and
internationally. Alto Ingredients' subsidiary, Kinergy Marketing
LLC, markets all ethanol and high-quality alcohol products for Alto
Ingredients' plants as well as for third parties. Alto Ingredients'
subsidiary, Pacific Ag. Products LLC, markets wet and dry
distillers' grains.Our Pekin campus produces products destined for
Health, Food and Beverage and Industrial markets. All personnel are
responsible for the safety of these products, which includes
participation in training, following cGMP and food safety
requirements in the facility, and reviewing and following SOPs for
incoming ingredients and outgoing products.Job Purpose: This
position is responsible for processing, loading, unloading,
receiving, and inspecting commodities such as corn, ethanol,
distiller's grain, and multiple grain commodities in an efficient
and productive manner.The following is a list of major duties and
responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive
duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities
may be added as needed and in addition; and management may modify
this job description as needed.Essential Duties and
- Moves materials and products with the use of industrial
equipment which typically includes front-end loader, telehandler,
and skid steer equipment.
- Receives, inspects, and records incoming commodities and other
raw materials (grain, ethanol, etc.); and directs it to its
- Loads trucks, railcars, and/or barges with bulk products
including ethanol, syrup, grain, etc.
- Adjusts the grain equipment to adapt to variances in grain;
makes minor adjustments to the equipment settings to ensure the
product produced meets quality and quantity standards and
- Monitors the quality of the product to ensure the product meets
industry/company standards; reports and sets aside defective
- Assists maintenance department by inspecting and servicing
equipment to ensure that the equipment is always performing at peak
- Assists operations department as needed.
- Monitors vendor truck drivers on site and trains new truck
drivers in unloading and loading procedures.
- Transfers products within tank farm.
- Records daily production activities and verifies production;
maintains adequate records of production volume, down-time, and
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve productivity
levels and service methods to maximize overall quality and
- Complies with state, and federal laws, policies, and
regulations, and adheres to quality assurance programs and safety
- Adheres to safety programs to promote a safe environment and to
minimize safety hazards/injuries.
- Attends informational meetings and work-related training to
keep abreast of any new policies and/or procedures or company
- Know the difference between feed products to load
- Be able to run different equipment being used to unload hopper
cars.Supportive duties and responsibilities:
- Cleans up work area; picks-up cardboard, plastic and other
debris that is lying around.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production
- Proficiency operating industrial equipment such as forklift,
front-end loader, telehandler, and skid steer equipment.
- Basic understanding of grain and feed equipment preferred, but
- Competent working with computers; knowledgeable of operation
- Knowledge of basic math principles and able to read and
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team.
- Safety oriented.
- Must be able to work at heights
- Good customer service skills
- Good mechanical skills
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack in a safe
- Ability to follow directions and work well with little
- Ability to speak and write in English.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bilingual skills are (English/Spanish) preferred, but not
- Must have the ability to work different shifts and overtime.
This includes the possibility of short-term and long-term shift
reassignment to match the needs of the business.Physical
- Must be able to work in cold to hot temperatures; work around
dust, fumes, and/or moderate to loud noises; works inside and/or
- Able to lift, pull, carry, and pick-up average to heavy objects
weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders; walk on paved and unpaved
surfaces; sit at a desk and operate a computer and keyboard; visual
acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear, speak, and
understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone;
manual dexterity to operate a telephone; lift horizontally and
vertically, bend, stoop, stand, twist, and reach.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical
risks, which require following basic safety precautions.Alto
Ingredients participates in E-Verify; Criminal background check and
drug screen required.
Keywords: Alto Ingredients, inc., Ogden , Commodity Operator- Burley, ID, Accounting, Auditing , Burley, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!