Senior Cost Accountant
Company: Wheel Pros
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About Wheel ProsHeadquartered in Denver, Colorado, Wheel Pros is
a leading designer, marketer, and distributor of branded automotive
aftermarket wheels, performance tires, and accessories. Founded in
1995, Wheel Pros serves over 10,000 retailers with a growing global
network of distribution centers spanning North America, the UK, and
Australia. The Company has a portfolio of proprietary brands with
over 300 custom wheel styles, including some of the most recognized
designs in the industry.WP Dynamics is an expanding responsibility
within the Wheel Pros organization. WP Dynamics manages operations
for the following brands: ReadyLIFT Suspensions (lift kits), AMI
Styling (billet accessories), Zbroz Racing (UTV and snowmobile
suspension and accessories), Gorilla Automotive Products (lug nuts,
TPMS, etc.), Rugged Off Road (value lift kits), and LOGIQ (air
suspension). Here at WP Dynamics, we pride ourselves on engineering
innovative solutions to create paths worth traveling through
state-of-the-art design all while maintaining excellent quality and
customer service.We are looking to hire a Cost Accountant with
excellent organizational and analytical skills to join our Ogden
location. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and
report-writing skills, with the ability to work on their own
initiative and as part of a team. To be successful, candidates must
have experience in cost, material, inventory and analysis within
the manufacturing industry.Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and
records of the organization.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for
- Analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to
determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports
comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare
factors that affect prices and profitability of products or
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ years of Cost Accounting work experience
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Proven cost systems background with working knowledge in
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing, communication, and IT skills.We are
an E-Verify employer. If an offer for employment is made, the offer
will be contingent on passing a pre-employment background and drug
screening. Wheel Pros is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. The
preceding position description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work
performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees in this position. The
description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to
change at the discretion of Wheel Pros.
Keywords: Wheel Pros, Ogden , Senior Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!