Sr. Principal Engineer Structu
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Requisition ID: 21013243
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Corinne - UT, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.NG Space Systems - Propulsion
Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Structural Engineer
for visco-elastic materials for our Propellant, Liner, Insulation
Structural Analysis (3210) team supporting several locations within
the Flight Systems but home location would be the Promontory
(Brigham), UT facility.Role description & Responsibilities:The
Structural Analyst is responsible for structural assessment and
analysis of solid rocket motor design, in particular, those
components comprised of visco-elastic materials (e.g. solid rocket
propellants, liners, and insulators). Job Duties:
- Assess the structural integrity of rocket propulsion systems
and related components using traditional closed form solutions as
well as finite element techniques.
- Plan and oversee material characterization tests of
visco-elastic materials used in the design of solid rocket
- Reduce material characterization test data into analysis input
properties and material capability properties.
- Prepare reports and memos documenting structural assessment
activities and results.
- Prepare and make presentations summarizing structural
assessment results for internal review boards and external
- Assist in assessment and disposition of discrepant hardware and
- Interact with design and development teams (teams include
specialists in Design, Quality, Safety, Thermal, Materials,
Operations) to create and verify creative design solutions that
meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in
structural analysis and/or the behavior of visco-elastic
- Ability to travel: Travel expectation of 0% - 5%Skills &
- Broad understanding of the behavior of visco-elastic
- Strong knowledge and background in finite element analysis
- Experience using Abaqus and Hyperworks software.
- Strong skills in material characterization techniques.
- Experience with Matlab, Python or other programing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big
- MS or Ph.D. Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering with
emphasis in structural analysis, solid mechanics, and finite
element theory required.
- 7 years of experiance requiered with MS, 4 years with
PhD.Salary Range: 108376 - 126564Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring
and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required
for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Ogden , Sr. Principal Engineer Structu, Engineering , Corinne, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!