Reliability Engineering Manager
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Requisition ID: R10014330
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Corinne - UT, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems
sector is seeking a Reliability Engineering Manager to join our
team of qualified, diverse individuals within Reliability
Engineering.This position will be located in Utah at the
Promontory, Bacchus, and Clearfield campuses. The incumbent will
report to all campuses.Manager of Reliability Engineering be
responsible for direct management of staff members in the
disciplines of reliability, component engineering, and sustainment
logistics. Along with staff responsibilities, this individual will
support the Operations Value Streams to ensure operational
availability.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages a segment of a program or a function. Responsible for
the direct supervision/management of the staff.
- Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to
subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general
- Act as individual contributor on assigned programs; perform as
reliability, component, or logistics engineer as required and as
skills match tasks.
- Assignments are received in objective oriented terms.
- Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies
and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives.Description
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability
studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design
of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- Recommends design of test methods and statistical process
controls/procedures for product reliability.
- Completes and analyzes performance reports and process control
statistics. Investigates and analyzes relevant variables
potentially affecting product and processes.
- Ensures correctives measures taken meet acceptable reliability
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering
programs to achieve customer and governmental agency reliability
- May develop mathematical methods to identify units, batches or
processes posing excessive failure risks.
- As necessary, processes changes in design or formulations to
improve systems and/or process reliability.
- May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental
testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain
statically valid data.Competencies for Success:
- Experience in reliability engineering, configuration
management, statistical process controls, etc. to build a critical
asset management that ties in to capital reinvestment and
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineer, Mechanical
Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Engineering Technology or
- 10+ yrs experience reliability and logistics engineering.
- High degree of PC skills and software such as Word, Excel,
Visio, Project, and other MS Office products.
- Experience in deployment of department tools (CAD, etc).
- Good oral and excellent written communications skills.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, self-motivated,
self-starting.Must be a US citizen and have the capability to
receive and hold a Secret clearance.Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of Program Management Planning
- Experience in mechanical, electrical equipment to include
vibration analysis preferred
- Experience in root cause analysis, systemic failure analysis,
PFMEA, and MTBF analysis.
- Experience with chemical effect on equipment usage.Salary
Range: 83700 - 125500Employees may be eligible for a discretionary
bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to
reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share
in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director
positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition,
Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health
insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan,
Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or
personal business.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required
for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Ogden , Reliability Engineering Manager, Engineering , Corinne, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!