Process Engineering Manager 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Process Engineering
Manager to provide leadership to our case wind/prep, insulation,
and lining process engineering team at our Promontory location. The
current process engineering team will be divided into two groups:
one group supporting operations at North Plant and the second group
supporting operations at South Plant. The new manager will assume
management responsibilities over one of the two groups, as
determined by the Sr. Process Engineering Manager.
Role description & Responsibilities:
This Process Engineering Manager position will report to the Sr
Process Engineering Manager at Promontory.
- Manage the Promontory Process Engineering Department,
consisting of 7-12 Process Engineers and/or Production
- Responsible for supporting Case Wind/Prep, Insulation, and
Lining processesKey interfaces include Value Stream Element Team
Leads, Value Stream Director, Component Design, Analysis
Engineering, Quality Engineering, Operations, Research &
Development, Project Engineering, Program offices, and Supply
- Safety: Ensure compliance to safety command media and drive a
culture of safe behavior.
- Quality: Ensure compliance to quality command media and support
efforts to strive for zero defects through continuous
- Delivery: Promote a collaborative environment with a focus
compliance, timely deliverables, and continuous improvement.
- Employee: Ensure short and long term success through
development, positive culture, succession planning, and strategic
- Cost: Manage material and labor budgets in addition to
strategic input to Facility and Tooling requestsJob Duties:
Specific responsibilities include assisting the Sr. Manager with
- Establish, foster, and maintain a culture of Safety First.
- Drive a culture of compliance to command media, standards, and
- Improve planning, execution, and tracking methods to increase
engineering process excellence.
- Initiate continuous improvement activities to create high
quality and efficient processes and standards.
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of process documents
for downstream use
- Manage multiple program priorities on engineering
- Implement and utilize effective knowledge management processes
and tools to identify, capture, and daily utilize our collective
wisdom, learning, and knowledge.
- Assure that the organization is properly staffed, equipped and
trained to meet current and future program requirements.
- Ensure leadership and key subject matter expert succession
plans are in place and be proactive by coaching and mentoring key
talent to be able to assume increased responsibilities.
- Utilize effective talent management strategies to attract,
retain, develop and engage outstanding people for the
- Manage workloads and ensure staffing needs are fulfilled and
projects are appropriately resourced as well as supporting
off-shift production/procurement needs that arise
- Monitor and implement employee development plans
- Provides guidance, direction, and performance feedback directly
to a group on moderately difficult challenges resulting in high
impact to the business
- Coach, support, and motivate to ensure a high performing
engineering team. Create and maintain development and succession
plans for team members and lead recruiting efforts to maintain team
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with
other organizations including other disciplines in Science &
Engineering, Program Management, Tool Design, Operations, and
Safety & Mission Assurance.
- Develop, communicate and implement vision, strategy, goals and
metrics to achieve business objectives for safety, quality,
customer satisfaction, schedule, cost, and continuous
- Increase the understanding and use of strategy deployment,
kaizen, problem solving, and lessons learned.
- Manage material and labor budgets
- Provide input on facility, maintenance, and tooling
expenditures and prioritiesEducation and Experience Requirements:
- BS or MS in a science, engineering, or technical
- Candidate must have a minimum of 9 years in an engineering role
or 7 years with a Master's Degree.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills including team
building and navigation, personal and career development, personal
skills analysis, technical and inter-personal problem resolution,
work planning and allocation, etc.
- Knowledge of Value Stream Organization systems, requirements,
processes, culture, etc.Experience Preferred:
- Experience with manufacturing, process development, proposals,
and processing instructions desired.
- Experience in leading cross-functional project teams or
- Demonstrated behavior as a driver for change and continuous
- Experience with Case Winding/Prep, Insulation, Pre-molds and
Lining processes is desired Salary Range: $123,900 USD - $185,900
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Ogden , Process Engineering Manager 2, Engineering , Corinne, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!