Posted on: March 10, 2023
Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding
equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing
knowledge of production specifications, properties and
characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering
- Conducts research and development investigations to develop and
test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or
develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current
welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns
of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate
- Prepares technical reports as a result of research and
development and preventive maintenance investigations.
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding
personnel relating to specification restrictions, material
processes, pre- and post-heating requirements that involve use of
complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical
joints, and complex post- heating requirements.
- Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible
application to current welding problems or production
- Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing
inspections to ensure workers' compliance with established welding
procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for
conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding
personnel for certification.
- Contacts personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel to
exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning
- May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment,
techniques, and materials.
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code section IX, Welding and Brazing
- ASME Practical Welding Technology and Government Welding
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast
of technological changes and developments in industry. Additional
- May help design prototypes or modifications to existing product
- Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or
safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
- Maintenance of a clean and orderly work area. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field or related technical
field or a combination of education and experience with 5 or more
years relevant experience and/or training.
- Experience working with Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code section
IX, Welding and Brazing Qualifications, government welding
specifications and AWS. Familiar with manufacturing processes such
as heavy equipment manufacturing, welding technology, systems and
pressure vessels, materials technology and manufacturing methods
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software
applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts
such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
Certifications / Training:ASQ, ASME, CWI preferred, and AWS
Keywords: Chromalox, Ogden , Welding Engineer, Engineering , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...