Business Development Manager- Western USA **Remote**
Company: Barnes Group
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Barnes Aerospace Headquarters is seeking a talented,
self-driven, and high-energy individual to serve as a Business
Development Manager on our Sales team. This role will be
responsible for navigating complex company organization structures
and identifying and contacting decision- makers in their assigned
customers. The right candidate will have a sales "hunter" mentality
and proven track record of generating profitable sales within the
targeted market segment. This role will be the key link between our
customers and aerospace manufacturing locations, utilizing product
knowledge and sales experience to grow and maintain new and
existing customers across all Barnes Aerospace Divisions. If you
are a disciplined and collaborative leader with a demonstrated
understanding of technology to interface remotely with customers,
and who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your
resume for this challenging and rewarding opportunity. This role
reports directly to the Director of Sales & Business Development
for Aerospace OEM.Core Responsibilities:
- Lead all sales and business development efforts and provide
customer service and technical support to all assigned customer
accounts for Barnes Aerospace's OEM SBU.
- Initiate contact with potential and current customers to
generate and qualify leads, promote company's products and
services, identify & propose solutions that meet customer needs and
secure new profitable business.
- Research and qualify new business opportunities within our
target markets following approved Commercial Excellence Processes.
This includes using Linked-In, marketing databases and traditional
referrals to make connections, perform research and build
- Drive awareness of our product portfolio through digital
presence and traditional customer site visits. Identify, follow-up,
and secure current and future business, gain specifications for our
products & secure orders.
- Responsible for documenting and securing new business and
achieving sales and profit targets in CRM system, provide detailed
updates to sales forecasts and estimated close dates for high
probability opportunities. Report weekly and monthly updates of
current business and forecasted new programs.
- Take an active role in developing and implementing division
strategies alongside division level leadership teams to drive
opportunities that support the division's sales goals for increased
earnings and profitability. This includes assessing needs, trends,
and growth opportunities for Barnes Aerospace.
- Identify and recommend new product, customer, and market
opportunities to the senior leadership team.
- Serve as the customer advocate to the leadership team,
proactively communicating issues, risks and opportunities as well
as providing potential solutions.
- Promote Barnes Group values across the organization and
conducts oneself in perfect alignment with same
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical sales, with at least
10 years of experience in a heavily regulated manufacturing
industry. Aerospace preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing and processes required.
- Prefer experience in metal fabrication and/or machining
- Prefer experience with turbine engines and/or airframes
- Proven track record executing successful sales plans. Creative
thinker who can contribute to the overall sales strategy.
- Established customer base preferred.
- Existing relationships with major airframe and engine OEMs
- Existing relationships with Tier 1 aerospace suppliers
- Impeccable integrity, strong influencing and negotiation
skills; unparalleled focus on customer service and effectively able
to interact with all levels within the organization and the
- Results-oriented individual with a sense of urgency,
diplomatic, well-organized and exhibits excellent writing and
- Ability to read and interpret customer blueprints, customer
RFQ/RFP's and lead quotation process from start to finish.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Ability to work remotely on a consistent basis.Education
- Bachelor's degree required in engineering, business, or
marketing. MBA or advanced degree preferred.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Barnes Group, Ogden , Business Development Manager- Western USA **Remote**, Executive , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!