Supply Chain Manager
Company: Barnes Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Barnes Aerospace Ogden division has a challenging and rewarding
career opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager. The ideal candidate
will have a proven track record in effective materials and
logistics management, demand planning and strategic sourcing in a
manufacturing environment. If you are a self-motivated,
career-minded individual with a solid supply chain background and
with the skills to lead improvement, please submit your resume for
further consideration. This position reports to Division
- Plan and direct all resources and activities associated with
production scheduling and planning, supply chain management, and
material logistics to achieve required business results. Forecast
intra-company procurement needs in coordination with production
planning, utilizing the appropriate material requirements planning
systems/programs and lean practices.
- Manage Value Streams along with operations to ensure material
availability and order placement, identification and management of
outside service providers, logistics coordination, and on-time
starts. Monitor, measure, and address gaps with applicable
organizations to achieve Divisional goals and 100% on time delivery
to the end customer
- Provide effective Supplier Management to ensure a consistent
flow of supplier to meet customer demand.
- Resolve daily procurement and inventory control issues in
coordination with Engineering, Operations and Sales.
- Drive requirements pertaining to quality, quantity, delivery
and service required for Operational Excellence.
- Develop and lead an engaged and motivated Materials
organization through the employment of highly skilled Supply Chain
professionals, employee development, training plans, and effective
and timely performance assessments.
- Achieve cost reduction goals.
- Support the Proposal Process by leading the Sourcing Strategy
for all customer proposal activity.
- Responsible for managing supply chain costs, terms and
conditions risk, contract flow down in support of contract award
and subsequent New Product Introduction (NPI) Management.
- Negotiate Supplier contracts with an emphasis on cost reduction
and identifying opportunities for aggregating spend and leveraging
a collective purchasing power across Barnes Aerospace and Barnes
- Manage critical inventory processes such as cycle counting,
planning parameters, capacity analysis and demand planning
- Other related duties and projects as assigned Qualifications:--
- Five to ten years of related Supply Chain Management leadership
experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Defense contract experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated progressive career development with increasing
responsibilities, with an emphasis in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production flow, planning and
inventory management, and documentation procedures.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen.
- Strategic sourcing experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading and setting direction for
teams, including motivating, influencing and driving change at all
levels of the organization
- Excellent growth leadership skills demonstrating clear global
perspective and understanding of factors impacting the business and
- Ability to organize time effectively to satisfactorily complete
assigned tasks and functions. This includes planning of workflow
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Word,
Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively negotiate contracts and ability to meet
deadlines and work well under pressure. Education Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in appropriate Business or Technical discipline
(or equivalent, relevant experience) is required.--
- APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification is a plus.
Keywords: Barnes Group, Ogden , Supply Chain Manager, Executive , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!