Dining Services - Manager in Training
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Location: Brigham City
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Dining Services - Manager in TrainingUS-UT-BRIGHAM
CITYRequisition ID: 63Shift: 1st Shift/Day ShiftOverviewHealthcare
Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and
is now hiring a Dining Services Department Manager in Training in
your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there
are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your
career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in
your community, we'd love to have you on our team!What We
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and
- Employee Assistance Programs Responsibilities
- The Manager in Training (MIT) is able to learn to perform and
often performs the job assignments of the dietary aide, cook, and
dishwasher positions and, as such, is able to operate, and teach
others how to operate, a variety of industrial kitchen
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- The MIT may perform and lead small groups of line staff in food
preparation, serving and clean-up activities on varying shifts as
- The MIT must be able to quickly learn policies and procedures,
and federal/state requirements such that they may assume the
responsibility of and manage and supervise the dietary staff at a
- The MIT must be able to learn to effectively handle managerial
responsibilities as well, including but not limited to; payroll
submission; staffing patterns; effective coaching and discipline;
purchasing; maintaining inventory and budgeting.
- The MIT assists in providing leadership, support and guidance
to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food
safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- The MIT may assist in training, quality control and
in-servicing of staff.
- The MIT must conduct themselves in a professional manner and
help insure that line staff do the same.
- The MIT consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to
drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate's degree or higher in food service management or in
hospitality, if the course study includes food service or
restaurant management, from an accredited institution of higher
- Specialized training in foodservice management and nutrition is
- Current ServSafe certification is required in accordance with
State/County law, or must become ServSafe certified within .
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager
designation where required in accordance with CMS and/or
State/County law, or must become certified within a maximum of 9
months from enrollment.
- Two years' experience in quantity food production/service and
personnel supervision is desired.
- Two years or more related dining/nutrition experience is
- Skilled in motivating and supervising foodservice
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Knowledge of foodservice program requirements.
- An understanding of foodservice program finances. Familiarity
with budgets and inventory process desired.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required,
including web-based reporting.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques to promote the
foodservice program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other
personnel and the public.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills organizational
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by
State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs. HCSG is one of
the largest providers of environmental, dining, and nutritional
services, and as such, we continually seek out motivated and
professional leaders to join our team! Our firm commitment to
training provides all of our associates with ample opportunity for
self-improvement and professional growth. We offer equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCSG complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location where the company has facilities.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Ogden , Dining Services - Manager in Training, Executive , Brigham City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!