Company: Hampton Inn & Suites - Ogden
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Hampton Inn & Suites - Ogden
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting and
promoting catering business for the hotel. They are to generate
catering business using proactive sales activities in accordance
with established hotel brand standards. Responsible for the
communicating details to assist in the successful execution of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking,
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales
calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted
sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action
- Administer catering operations to include, but not limited to,
guest service needs, soliciting accounts, negotiating contracts,
merchandising, planning, systems management and forecasting.
- Communicate event details and requirements with and provide input
to team members to execute catering events effectively.
- Evaluate guest needs and industry competitive set to provide
input for operational changes necessary to ensure guest
- Monitor client satisfaction scores in staff helpfulness, food
quality and overall event while leading by example to exceed brand
- Maintain regular attendance and a flexible schedule to
accommodate client's needs before and after events.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by Director of Sales
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality
service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from
four-year college or university; or one to two years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write advanced
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system
functions. Experience with MS Word required, Sales Pro experience
is highly desirable.
Moderate noise that is typical of an office environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION RECEIPT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I acknowledge and understand that:
-Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of
-It is understood that I will be required to meet the expectations
outlined above within work hours that comply with all Wage and Hour
Federal and State laws and Company policy.
-The job description provides a general summary of the position,
that the contents of this job description are job requirements and,
at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from
performing these functions with or without accommodation.
-I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my
supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these
-Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed
at any time.
-Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job
responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies,
procedures, rules and regulations of the company.
-I have read and understand this job description.
-Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise
of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my
employment is at-will.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or
applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all
aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including
recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training,
promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the
basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position
and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Keywords: Hampton Inn & Suites - Ogden, Ogden , Sales Manager, Executive , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!