Recovery Room RN
Company: Ogden Regional Medical Center
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description IntroductionPACU RN: This position is for a
Registered Nurse. Critical Care experience is preferred, but not
necessary. Care consists of recovery of post anesthesia patients in
phase I care. Patients range from pediatric to adults. Applicants
must be able to be self-directed, calm under pressure, and work
well with a diverse team of professionals. Benefits of this
position include working with a wide variety of post-operative
patients ranging from traumatic injuries to elective procedures, a
flexible schedule which includes limited nights, weekends, and
holidays, and working with a fantastic team of positive, goal
oriented individuals who look out for each other and provide
outstanding patient care.BenefitsAt Ogden Regional Medical Center
we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as
a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package
that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along
with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K -(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance -and -Reimbursements -for Tuition and
- Employee Discounts -including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, -Auto, and -Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term -& -Long Term Disability -coverage
- Adoption -Assistance
- Legal Benefits -and lots more!Are you a continuous learner?
With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one
of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education
is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of
Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School
of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare
family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain
certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Recovery Room RN
opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications As a
Registered Nurse in the PACU/Recovery you will provide excellent
patient care to individuals following operative and invasive
procedures. Our team works hard to support each other, we are
looking for an amazing nurse who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be able to perform general nursing duties and be
competent in all post-operative procedures as verified by specific
- You will demonstrate the ability to facilitate smooth and
efficient room turnover and patient flow.
- You will complete all paperwork and computer charting to ensure
accurate and timely charting.
- You will provide appropriate management of pain under the
direction of the anesthesiologist and documents changes and
reassessment using the pain scale.
- You will work with the family to inform them of progress of the
patient, delays in transfer to the unit, etc.
- You will facilitate communications between other departments as
needed and prepare patients for transfer of care. .
- You will follow through on reporting problems and ensure proper
use of the chain of command as a patient advocate, maintaining
communication regarding any changes in the patient condition.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Utah Registered Nurse License.
- BSN preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification American Red Cross
or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or
ACLS) and Certification.
- One or more years of OR experience required -
- Critical care experience is preferred, but not necessary. has
been delivering exceptional care for over 75 years. Our 232 plus
bedhospital offers a full array of medical services. We are
dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare.Ogden Regional is a
certified Level II Trauma Center, Stroke Center, and Joint Center.
-Affiliated with our hospital is . This fully equipped,
freestandingfacility features board-certified physicians. Our
nurses and technicians are specially trained inemergency medical
care and available on a 24/7 basis. -Located 10 miles north of our
main hospital, PVER features 10 plus treatment rooms,
comprehensiveimaging technology and a medical laboratory onsite,
which help to ensure accurate and promptcare.Ogden Regional Medical
Center and Pleasant View Emergency Center sit at the heart of the
WasatchMountain range. The area has abundant outdoor recreation
including hiking, biking, rock climbing,watersports and three ski
resorts within a half-hour drive. - Ogden offers the lure of
outdoor livingand the culture of city life. -HCA Healthcare has
been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies - by
the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. -In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
Sr.HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Recovery Room
RN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly
qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. -Unlock the
possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Ogden Regional Medical Center, Ogden , Recovery Room RN, Healthcare , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!