Grocery Order Writer (Buyer / Inventory Replenishment) - Located in Jackson, WY
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Located in Jackson, WYOrders, replenishes and merchandises
grocery products and participate in WFM program for purchasing and
promotions. Monitors inventory control and replenishes product
based upon WFM ordering standards. Assists in organizing and
developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards. All
Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company
image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to
customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be
performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating
Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to
perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions.
All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals,
promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and
ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations
including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the
- Replenishes products through proper buying procedures.
- Orders perishable grocery products and maintains appropriate
back stock levels.
- Monitors and acts upon open PO reports for both purchases and
credits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Controls spoilage/shrink; achieves turn goals; participates in
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets
- Ensures orders for product are timely and accurate to monitor
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Analyzes and controls product transfers, waste, and
- Supports leadership in conducting inventories.
- Maintains financial profitability by meeting and exceeding
purchasing and sales targets.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership.Job Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of grocery products.
- Working knowledge and application of all grocery merchandising
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey
- Strong basic math skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ordering systems.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- 12+ months retail experience.Physical Requirements/Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.Note: The purpose
of this document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Ogden , Grocery Order Writer (Buyer / Inventory Replenishment) - Located in Jackson, WY, Hospitality & Tourism , Driggs, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!