Manufacturing Shift Supervisor
Company: Compass Minerals
Posted on: November 23, 2022
This position plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors the
performance, safety, training and work activities of plant
operations. Also ensures plant equipment and process control
conform to established safety, production, quality, and quantity
parameters. Assignments are largely routine in nature and carried
out in accordance with standard work instructions, practices,
procedures and precedents. This employee is one of 4 shift
supervisors in the salt reporting structure.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities* include but are not limited
to the following: (Management reserves the right to add or modify
the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
* _(Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and
responsibilities at any time.)_
* Provides orientation for all new or transferred employees to
ensure their understanding of safety standards, working
expectations, and procedures. Structures a learning environment
conducive to the attainment of required operator skills.
* Determines and /or monitors the subsequent training needs of
subordinates to provide skill improvements which align with present
and future business requirements. Coordinates identified training
needs with the operations manager.
* Plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors operator's activities
* Optimal SAFETY of plant personnel is attained.
* Production schedules and quality standards are achieved.
* Operating costs are contained through efficient use of personnel,
machinery, materials and standard work instructions.
* Questions, concerns and requests are addressed in a timely
* Performance standards are met.
* Routinely inspects plant equipment for operational integrity.
Initiates work, or work orders, required to retain equipment in
proper operating condition following the RAM process.
* Completes all required documents including, but not limited to,
safety reports, production reports, time cards, and performance
documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
* Conducts meaningful performance reviews with subordinates.
Ensures operators meet established safety/performance
* Performs other assignments as directed by the Area Supervisor not
otherwise depicted in this general description.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
*Education and/or Experience: *
* Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent education and
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in fast paced manufacturing,
with 2 years of management experience.
*Physical Requirements: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to touch the equipment, handrails,
tools, or product; talk and hear to communicate to others; stand;
walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We are firmly committed to making all employment-related
decisions without regard to race, ancestry, ethnicity, color,
religious creed or belief, national origin, sex (including sexual
orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy and breastfeeding),
age, military or veteran status, status as a qualified individual
with a disability, genetic information, and any other
characteristic protected by law. To request reasonable
accommodations, call 913-344-9200. Learn more about equal
employment opportunity laws at dol.gov.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $69,160.00 - $103,740.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Lean manufacturing: 4 years (Required)
* Management: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Compass Minerals, Ogden , Manufacturing Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!