PC Network Support Technician 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is
seeking a PC Network Support Technician at its Promontory, UT
location. The selected candidate will monitor and operate
electronic digital computers to process business, scientific,
engineering, and other data according to operating instructions,
and ensure that correct peripheral equipment is utilized.Job duties
will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide technical support for computers and associated
- Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers,
basic network equipment, servers, related PC software, cables, and
- Provide client and server, hardware, and software support.
- Install, service, and repair client and server software.
- Connect clients, servers, and terminals to existing data
- Instruct users in the use of hardware and networks.
- Investigate information, network, and communications needs of
users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware
- Perform basic client, server, and network software
- Assist InfoSec with DFARS and CMMC compliance
- Off-network and lab environments - setup, maintenance,
compliance, and vulnerability remediation; support client and
server domain migration.
- Engineering and Manufacturing system support - setup,
maintenance, troubleshooting, compliance and vulnerability
- Setup and configure rack mount workstations.
- Provide server application support.
- Network data port activation and testing.
- Other duties as required.Basic Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of additional
education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and wide application of technical
principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Experience with providing technical solutions to a wide range
of complex difficult problems.
- Subject matter expert in Windows OS.
- Expertise with client and server hardware.
- Experience with engineering applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and time-sensitive
mission critical needs.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience supporting manufacturing operations, hardware,
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Deployment of non-standard client and server images.
- Certifications: MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology
Specialist, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+).
- Ability to work independently and appropriately escalate issues
and roadblocks to leadership.
- Superior customer service and service delivery, and the ability
to maintain composure in difficult situations, with challenging
- Demonstrated personal integrity and high ethical standards in
customer contacts as well as all internal relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to master unfamiliar information, tasks,
and situations quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with DFARS and NIST InfoSec controls. Salary Range:
$39,600 USD - $66,000 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Ogden , PC Network Support Technician 2, IT / Software / Systems , Corinne, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!