Sr Principal Subcontracts Administrator
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Brigham City
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems is the world's
top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems, a leading provider
of small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems,
missile defense and strategic missile propulsion, a leading
producer of lightweight space deployable and solar arrays. The firm
is dedicated to being pioneers heading the front of technology and
space program expansion and values driven individuals committed to
the same vision.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems, is recruiting
for a Subcontracts Administrator who will primarily be responsible
for subcontracts for build to print hardware used in rocket
What You'll Get To Do:
- Sources and procures goods and services of a category nature
from many suppliers.
- Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives
same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- Establishes agreements with suppliers using a mix of contract
types including firm fixed price and cost reimbursable.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and
monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier
ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are
appropriate for the services or products required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and
manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with
FAR/DFAR regulations as well as company (and business) policies and
procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier
performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to
drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement. As a
full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are
eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related
- 8+ years' experience in purchasing, sales, contracts, or
- Works positively in a high-energy and fast-paced
- Capability to read technical drawings and documents
- Aptitude to communicate complex technical information to
suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to work with little oversight; take ownership of
responsibilities and manage and resolve supplier concerns in a
- Communicates quickly and thoughtfully through integrated team
- Strong interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer
- Knowledge of government contracting requirements and
regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
- Comfortable leading negotiations and preparing price analyses
of supplier proposals
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- US citizenship and ability to obtain clearancePreferred
- Experience procuring complex machined parts used in solid
- General understanding of solid rocket motor metal parts and
- Ability to assess supplier capability to produce hardware used
in solid rocket motors
- Experience writing and negotiating Long Term Agreements
- Experience negotiating Terms and Conditions
- Comfort level working with MRP/ERP systems
- Strong MS Office skills Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring
and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Ogden , Sr Principal Subcontracts Administrator, Other , Brigham City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!