Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Services is seeking a Production Planner/Scheduler for a
client in Ogden UT.Direct HireOverviewResponsible for developing
the master manufacturing production plan to satisfy customer demand
while carrying minimum effective inventory.-- Provides a monthly
production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales
- Creates a rolling 3-6-month Master Production Plan for
purchased and manufactured parts. Utilizes the production capacity,
taking into consideration the sales forecast, customer requested
ship dates, and new product development. Communicates schedules
- Facilitates communication between multiple teams internally,
externally, and globally to analyze and identify risks associated
with the options built into the master production plan, including
manufacturing lead times.
- Performs supply-demand analysis each quarter, highlighting
areas of concern for the next 12 months.
- Makes delivery commitments on MTO products, which involves
checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Develops inventory targets and manages production using an MRP
system to achieve targeted inventory levels; establishes policies
to maximize efficiencies and minimize inventory investment, i.e.
lead times, lot sizes, a period of supply, economic order
quantities, safety stock, and ordering rules.
- Ensure coordination with Planners to execute the Production
Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitors actual versus plan and identifies gaps and drives
solutions on production performance relative to the requested
- Reviews sales forecast with plant and sales group on a monthly
basis and, suggests modifications consistent with knowledge of
current or historical demand.
- Timely reporting of key metrics to plant leaders to include
progress of projects and associated barriers.
- Supports projects and production meetings to review dispatch
report and performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply
plan to meet demand, and resource implications to reduce barriers
to on-time order completion. Updates the Master Production Plan as
- Monitors on-time performance and past due root causes and works
to implement corrective actions.
- Works with Project Management, Engineering, Materials, and
Operations to schedule the production of large custom projects.
Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored
appropriately, utilizing standard technology and documentation
- Communicates proactively with customers and suppliers to
resolve issues that may impact the facility's ability to meet
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical field with a minimum
of 5 years' experience as a Production Scheduler with experience
with inventory control, supply chain processes, and procedures
including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment
processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of various computer software applications including
word processing, spreadsheets, and database software. Experience
using MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business documents,
technical procedures, or operating procedures. Ability to write
reports and business correspondence, effectively present
information, and respond to questions from groups of managers and
- APICS certification and experience with CIRM, CPIM, or CPM
- Demonstrates, through actions, a commitment to the philosophy
of continuous improvement and multi-disciplined problem-solving in
all aspects of performance.Apply today email@example.comWhy
Kelly--?You're looking to keep your career moving onward and
upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial
staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for
opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit
your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your
path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds
up.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Ogden , Production Planner/Scheduler, Other , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!