Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Brigham City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Category: Global Supply Chain Location: Brigham City, Utah US
Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position Shift:
1st Shift Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time Positions
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop
Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems is the world's top
producer of solid rocket propulsion systems, a leading provider of
small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems,
missile defense and strategic missile propulsion, a leading
producer of lightweight space deployable and solar arrays. The firm
is dedicated to being pioneers heading the front of technology and
space program expansion and values driven individuals committed to
the same vision. Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion
Systems, is recruiting for a Subcontracts Administrator who will
primarily be responsible for supporting tooling subcontracts for
items that are used to manufacture flight hardware.
- Sources and procures goods and services of a category nature
from many suppliers.
- Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives
same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- Establishes agreements with suppliers using a mix of contract
types including firm fixed price and cost reimbursable.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and
monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier
ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are
appropriate for the services or products required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and
manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with
FAR/DFAR regulations as well as company (and business) policies and
procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier
performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to
drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you
are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80
schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through
Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of experience
- 2+ years' experience in purchasing, sales, contracts, or
- Capability to read technical drawings and documents
- Aptitude to communicate complex technical information to
suppliers and internal customers
- Strong interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer
- Knowledge of government contracting requirements and
regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience procuring complex machined parts used in solid
- General understanding of solid rocket motor metal parts and
- Ability to assess supplier capability to produce hardware used
in solid rocket motors
- Experience writing and negotiating Long Term Agreements
- Experience negotiating Terms and Conditions
- Comfort level working with MRP/ERP systems
- Strong MS Office skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Ogden , Subcontracts Administrator, Other , Brigham City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!