Production Supervisor - Weekend/PM shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: June 10, 2021
1st week - Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6:00pm to 6:00am = 36 hours
2nd week - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6:00pm to 6:00am = 48
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information:
Ogden, Utah / BioProduction
How will you make an impact?
Coordinate daily production activities in accordance with design
and process documentation to meet safety, quality, output, on-time
What will you do?
- Process Management by simplifying complex processes; getting
more out of fewer resources; understand how to separate and combine
tasks into efficient workflow.
- Develop direct reports by providing challenging tasks and
assignments; provide developmental feedback
- Direct others through establishing direction; distribute
workload; clear communication
- Managing & Measuring work by tracking and assigning
responsibilities for tasks; set clear objectives and provide
- Supervise the production process and ensure compliance to all
safety, GMP, and other regulatory requirements
- Develop direct reports by effectively using the PMD
(Performance Management Discussion) process and offer clear and
- Direct the daily workload to ensure schedule completion while
managing utilization and efficiency
- Build and develop a disciplined workforce that adheres to all
procedures and Work Instruction Documents
- Improve the production processes by utilizing the tools outline
in PPI (Practical Process Improvement)
How will you get here?
- Bachelors (preferred)
- OR High school diploma PLUS direct leadership experience
- 2+ years' experience leading a team in a professional work
environment with direct reports.
- 2+ years' experience working in a Manufacturing facility
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge, Microsoft Office (Word, PP, Excel)
- Lean Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced problem solving
- Ability to mentor, train, motivate and coach
- Analytical capability
- Ability to identify waste and improve processes
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Time management
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to influence
- Previous experience working with internal customers
- Continuous Improvement Certification (i.e. Six Sigma)
NO relocation assistance is being offered.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Ogden , Production Supervisor - Weekend/PM shift, Other , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!