Maintenance Team Lead - Weekday PM
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of
a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and
discovery. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest
investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the
resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to
Location/Division Specific Information
Now is an exciting time to join our team, a team dedicated to
ensuring our customers receive the products they need to achieve
their scientific goals - quickly, reliably, and safely. Our Ogden,
UT site is expanding and ramping up to support the fight against
COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for the right
reason join our growing team today!
How you will make an impact:
As a Maintenance Leader, you will lead the maintenance team in
performing a full range of maintenance and calibration activities
on production and facilities equipment. On-the-job training will be
supplemented with external coursework as needed.
What you will do:
- Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all safety and cGMP requirements.
- Follow work instruction document, standard operating
procedures, and standard works
- Participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvement), Lean and
Continuous Improvement, and 5S activities
- Review and Schedule maintenance and calibration
- Review work order data entry
- Lead/Perform preventative maintenance, scheduled maintenance,
and unscheduled maintenance on production and facilities
- Oversees team metrics
- Lead Tier 1 meetings
- Participate in Tier 2 meetings
- Assist in team development plans
- Perform calibration activities.
- Perform certification of cleanroom and controlled areas.
- Repair instrumentation electronics and equipment as
- Keep familiar with operation and maintenance procedures for all
equipment in the area of responsibility.
- Troubleshoot all assigned equipment problems and monitor the
operation of equipment.
- Design and fabricate parts and small systems.
- Install and monitor new equipment.
- Complete all required paperwork, work orders, inventory
requests, and requisitions.
- Keep the shop and lab area clean and organized.
- Keep current in maintenance and calibration technology.
- Perform on-call and after-hours maintenance activities as
How you will get here:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Knowledge of how to use power and hand tools associated with
typical industrial maintenance.
- Knowledge in maintenance trades: electrical, electronic,
pneumatic, plumbing, and mechanical.
- Knowledge in HVAC a plus
- Knowledge in common calibrated disciplines: temperature,
humidity, pressure, flow, time, mass, electronic, and dimension
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Frequent stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, pushing,
climbing, pulling, grasping, and crawling
- Work conditions can include: Maintenance shop, lab environment,
safety hazards including welding, grinding, electrical work,
high-pressure equipment, chemicals, and noise.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Ogden , Maintenance Team Lead - Weekday PM, Other , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!