Tool Design Engineer
Company: Barnes Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Responsibilities include development of tooling, products and
manufacturing concepts in conjunction with the Process and
- Ability to design the products and tools effectively and
efficiently per part and process requirement.
- Assignments vary between part modeling, designing of tools and
gages, general drafting and NC programming.
- Understands the manufacturing processes, industry requirements,
and the release system of engineering documents.
- Provides support for the immediate need to shop floor requests
and participates in problem solving and works closely with
engineering and manufacturing personnel, encourages and supports
- Provide necessary technical support to sales, manufacturing and
- Support company policy, procedures, and safety policies and
performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in designing tooling for forming,
trimming, inspecting, machining, assembling parts and
- 3 years of relevant aerospace industry experience preferred in
complex manufacturing operations; machining, forming, welding,
brazing, assembly, and heat treat of aerospace products and
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement; suggests and encourages
innovative ideas to improve current systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of NX/Unigraphics, Catia or other 3D CAD/CAM
system, and manufacturing information systems.
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing methods, thermal
process, tool/gauge design and construction processes.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to drive and achieve
key business and operating initiatives.
- Aerospace tooling experience, machining background and CNC
programming experience preferred
- Sheet metal forming experience with titanium, nickel, and
superalloys, both hot and cold, would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills required and ability to
communicate change(s) effectively.
- Experience with Micros Products (Word, Excel etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Bachelors degree in related engineering discipline and/or
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Barnes Group, Ogden , Tool Design Engineer, Other , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!