ATTP99-2021-00214-Seasonal Park Staff-Ft. Bridger State Historic Site-Ft. Bridger
Company: State of Wyoming
Location: Fort Bridger
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
Fort Bridger State Historic Site is authorized to hire up to 10
seasonal positions for the summer of 2021. There are three
different types of seasonal positions to be filled as part of this
announcement: Fee Supervisor, Fee Collector/Museum Worker, and
The employment season is from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Some
seasonal positions may begin earlier in the year and/or extend
longer into the fall. Refer below to the Notes section on the
estimated length of employment. Please refer to the Essential
Functions for each category of the seasonal position we offer for
more detailed information about job duties.
Human Resources Contact: 307-777-3631,Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
Seasonal Visitor Services Associate - Fee Supervisorand Fee
- Greet visitors, collect admission fees, and provide excellent
- Answer visitor questions provide pertinent information about
the site, including interpretation and orientation of facilities
and local points of interest.
- Handle monetary transactions, which include fee collection and
gift shop sales. Responsible for cash register reconciliation.
- Perform guided tours of the site.
- Responsible for restocking gift shop shelves and tracking
- Answer a multi-line telephone system transferring calls to
- Assist with general administrative duties, reports, and data
- Perform opening and closing duties, as well as cleaning and
maintenance as needed.
- Provide janitorial services in the buildings and will assist
with special projects and events.
Seasonal Maintenance Worker:
- Perform routine building, grounds and landscape maintenance,
minor carpentry repairs, painting, and mowing.
- Assist with the set-up and the take-down of facilities during
- Assist staff in the construction, installation, maintenance,
renovation of grounds and buildings, and preventive
- Clean and service restrooms, shelters, buildings, and remove
litter from grounds, parking lots, and other public areas.
- Operate and/or drive a variety of vehicles, light and heavy
- Operate various maintenance equipment, such as mowers, weed
eaters, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, and other
equipment required in daily operations. Utilize various hand and
- Follow proper handling and safety procedures involving cleaning
chemicals and fuel products encountered in daily operations,
including proper Personal Protective Equipment usage.
- Provide excellent customer service. May interact with visiting
public answering basic questions.
For all seasonal positions, preference will be given to
applicants who are professional while providing excellent customer
Must have a valid driver's license.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough in completing
- Good interpersonal skills allowing the ability to interact with
visitors from around the world.
- Willingness to work on a variety of assignments every day.
- Experience in handling money, cash registers, and retail
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects with variable
timelines and scopes of work.
- Basic construction and maintenance knowledge.
- Basic operational knowledge of light and heavy equipment use,
as well as hand and power tools.
- Basic safety awareness of equipment use.
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, with or without
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Please indicate which type of seasonal position you are
interested in (Fee Collector/Museum Worker, Fee Supervisor, or
Maintenance) when completing the supplemental questions. You may
choose more than one type of position, but you must choose at least
- Wyoming State Parks and Cultural Resources is an Equal
Employment OpportunityEmployerand actively supports the ADA and
reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other
class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to
our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment
024-State Parks & Cultural Resources -Parks Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Ogden , ATTP99-2021-00214-Seasonal Park Staff-Ft. Bridger State Historic Site-Ft. Bridger, Other , Fort Bridger, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!