Pipe Stress Engineer, GBSD
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000
projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created
jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's
infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital
services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless
drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our
capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental;
Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services
span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and
Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people,
culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our
covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery.
They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we
Bechtel Nuclear, Security & Environmental (NS&E) is on the
Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground
Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental
ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S.
Air Force program designed to modernize the nation's aging force of
inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground
element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman
GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design,
construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments,
Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons
demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base
operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and
recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our
customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery. We
invite you to join our team for this very interesting
This position is located in Ogden, Utah.
Essential duties include performing pipe stress analysis of systems
in accordance with ASME B31.3 Code using AutoPipe under supervison
of a Senior Pipe Stress Engineer. The stress work includes the
modeling of the piping systems to verify piping flexibility,
stability, and qualification of equipment nozzle loads. Will work
closely with layout personnel and pipe support engineers to deliver
a quality and cost-effective design. Coordinate with other
engineering disciplines and vendors as required.
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Performing pipe stress analysis/stress review of systems in
accordance with DoD UFC standards & ASME B31.3 or applicable Code
- Application of typical pipe supports and/or review/approval of
layouts/isometrics as required.
- The stress work includes the modeling of the piping systems to
verify piping flexibility, stability and qualification of equipment
- Candidate should possess knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and piping
- Knowledge & application of DoD standards, IBC, ASME B31.3 for
piping and plumbing codes.
- Software applications to be used are AutoPipe for pipe stress
Qualifications and Skills
- Level One - BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college
or university and 1 year of related experience.
- Level Two - BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college
or university and 3 years of related experience.
- US citizenship is required per contract requirement.
- Possess active security clearance or ability to obtain security
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to review piping layouts & support requirements per DoD
standards/ASME B31.3 and approve designs.
- Hands-on experience using a stress analysis program.
- Previous DoD project experience for Risk Catagory 5
- Hands-on experience using a AutoPipe for pipe stress
- PE or EIT Registration
- Previous Bechtel project experience.%41611366%
Keywords: Bechtel, Ogden , Pipe Stress Engineer, GBSD, Other , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!