Company: C-A-L Ranch Stores
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About C-A-L Ranch Stores:
C-A-L Ranch Stores was founded in 1959 in Idaho Falls, ID, by
Clinton, Allen, and L. Wayne Murphy. The family used their initials
"C-A-L" to create their brand. Our first store, located in Idaho
Falls, ID was called C-A-L Ranch & Farm Supply. The store had less
than 3,000 square feet and the primary products sold were tillage
tools and hardware. After 60+ years of successful retail business,
C-A-L Ranch Stores has grown from a single store operator to a
regional retailer with multiple stores in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and
Arizona. While C-A-L Ranch Stores is no longer owned by the
Murphy's, it is still privately held, and the current owners
continue to operate the company with the same fundamental mission
and value system.
Who We Are:
C-A-L Ranch Stores is a Ranch & Home Store AND SO MUCH MORE! Our
company is full of craftsmen, marksmen, outdoor grill masters,
backyard farmers, and people who just love to hunt and fish. We are
campers, hikers, dreamers, doers, and makers. We like to turn up
the flavor and get in the game. We feed our chickens, love our
pets, DIY, and dress to the nines for concerts, rodeos, and
What you'll do:
A cashier's responsibility is one of the most important in our
organization. You are the face of our company. The cashier may be
the only person to have contact with a customer. It is essential
that our cashiers represent C-A-L Ranch Stores as a company with
the highest standard of professionalism and courtesy. Our cashier's
must have legendary world-class customer service skills as well as
a friendly and positive attitude.
- Ensure that each guest receives legendary customer service by
providing a guest friendly environment, including greeting and
acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid
product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise
promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate
in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices,
including signing, pricing and loss prevention.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and
maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS
- Communicate guest requests to management.
- Accurately maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Accurately operate the inventory system for price checking and
- Make change; take checks; run credit/debit cards and issue
receipts to customers.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and
verifies against cash on hand.
- Gives cash refunds or issues credit memorandums to customers
for returned merchandise according to C-A-L Ranch Stores refund
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across
electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and
display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor
- All cashiers are required to watch C-A-L Ranch Stores safety
videos and perform their duties in accordance to safety
- Answer all incoming phone calls and forward them to the
appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the training of other associates or new
- C-A-L Ranch Stores sells a variety of items, of various sizes
and weights. Cashiers are required to regularly lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds, occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 25
pounds. Any lifting over 25 lbs requires the help of a hand truck
and assistance from a second employee.
- As a cashier you must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch
Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Work
schedules are completed weekly.
- Employees must be able to understand and communicate
effectively in the English language, both verbally and in
- Ability to push, pull, and lift materials weighing up to
Keywords: C-A-L Ranch Stores, Ogden , Cashier, Other , Burley, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!