Visual Dimensional Inspector - 2nd Shift - Ogden, UT
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: March 9, 2023
United States of America
State / County
Competitive Pay and Benefits - Shift Differentials - Quarterly
Bonus ProgramWith more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000
employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader
in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Entry level starts at $20/hr. $2000 Sign-on and Retention bonuses
available!To visually and dimensionally inspect parts to assure
compliance to customer specifications and to assure that only
necessary reworking of parts is performed.Principle Duties and
- Identifies surface defects in parts by reviewing tech cards,
techniques, and routers.
- Utilizes fixtures as necessary.
- Visually inspects parts at multiple points in the process for
- Uses a variety of hand tools to assist in visual
- Assures dimensional integrity by inspecting castings for
conformance to blueprint, technique, and tech card specifications
using templates, micrometers, height gauges, calipers, fixtures,
and other dimensional measuring devices.
- Marks castings to identify areas needing rework in order to
meet dimensional specifications.
- Works regularly with other departments.
- Works with engineering to establish and evaluate inspection
techniques and identify and resolve problems of non-conformance to
- Enters weld mapping and dimensional data into computer systems
for use by engineering and SPC charting.
- Prepares reports and information on quality issues as
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to complete the PCC OGDEN Visual Dimension
- Able to read and comprehend English.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole and decimal
numbers up to 4 decimal places.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unaided regularly.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. (Techniques, routers, weld maps, log
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Near vision requirements are Jaeger J1 in one eye, at no less
than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger J2 in one eye, at no less
than 16 inches.
- Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures,
including company's attendance policy.
- Able to meet individual productivity requirements and work in a
production environment.Normal Working Conditions
- Works under general direction and infrequent supervision,
planning details of procedure and methods to attain definite
objectives. Makes decision within broad limitations of policies and
within accepted standards.
- Environmental conditions encountered continuously include
working near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles,
- Typical noise environment for the work environment of this job
is Loud Noise. (Appropriate ear protection is required.)
- Continuous required physical demands include using hands to
handle or feel.
- Frequent required physical demands include sitting, walking,
reaching below shoulder level, and pushing or pulling.
- Occasional required physical demands include standing, reaching
above shoulder level, balancing, stooping or squatting, talking and
hearing.Experience & Education
- High school diploma or GED highly preferred.
- 1- 3 years of prior visual and dimensional inspection
experience within the manufacturing industry, preferably in
aerospace.Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity
employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Ogden , Visual Dimensional Inspector - 2nd Shift - Ogden, UT, Other , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...