Steel Breakdown Operator - Day Shift - Ogden, UT
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: September 15, 2023
United States of America
State / County
Competitive Pay and Benefits - Shift Differentials - Quarterly
Bonus ProgramWith more than 150 operations and about 22,000
employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader
in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power
generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military
airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for
the casting and forging industries. With such critical
applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in
the materials and products we make, but in the people we
recruit.Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion
dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has
over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US
and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication
to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering
the highest value to its customers and shareholders while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.Effective early
February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren
E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Responsible for the removal of shell and runner systems.
- Washes shell off casting with high pressured water wash and
- Maintains lot integrity.
- Ensures paperwork is properly done.
- Helps other areas as needed.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Able to work in a production environment.
- Able to read and comprehend English.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with tens and 100s.
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. continuously
- Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. (Foundry log, spectrometer reports,
- Able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
as required. This may include wearing a respirator.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Able to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Able to complete OSHA forklift certification through PCC
- Able to complete PCC Ogden Breakdown certifications required in
- Near vision requirements are Jaeger J1 in one eye, at no less
than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger in one eye, at no less
than 16 inches.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures,
including company's attendance.
- Able to meet individual productivity requirements.
- Able to meet internal quality requirements.
- May be required to take hazardous waste training.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer
committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Ogden , Steel Breakdown Operator - Day Shift - Ogden, UT, Other , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!