Plant Operations Supervisor Trainee - Ogden, Utah
Company: Contech Engineered Solutions LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Location: Ogden, UtahThe Contech Ogden, Utah location is looking
to add a Plant Operations Supervisor Trainee to our team!To learn
more about Contech Engineered Solutions click here.Job SummaryA
production management trainee, under the general direction of a
Plant Manager, learns the basics of our business, our processes and
procedures so they are capable and willing to lead one of our
manufacturing plants within a 6 to 24 month period. The overarching
principles are to excel in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Position is mentored by a Director of Manufacturing to ensure
career growth and development is progressing toward a plant
management position.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with CONTECH's policies, values and strategies and
ensures that everyone is treated with dignity and respect while
providing an environment for success. Clearly communicates
expectations and accountabilities for performance helping employees
see the link between individual performance and department/company
achievement of its strategic plan. Recognizes and rewards good
performance and gives regular feedback.A relocation will be
REQUIRED within 18 months.Primary Responsibilities
- Works alongside the following; foreman, plant clerks, order
correspondent, and production planner.
- Directs activities pertaining to the production of Hel-Cor
pipe, riveted pipe and modification operations, including asphalt,
arching and fittings.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing processes
and production equipment.
- Maintains a thorough up to date knowledge of specifications
desired by the customers and government agencies.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of ICC and D.O.T.
- Resolves major problems in scheduling changes, equipment
utilization, and personnel requirements.
- Coordinates with sales personnel with regard to customer
orders, routings, specifications, pricing, shipping, etc. to ensure
high quality products consistent with profit goals and
- Develops and maintains high plant standards of safety and
working conditions to provide maximum protection for the employees
- Learn and understand all of our key manufacturing processes
(Hel-cor, band fabrication, fitting fabrication, fitting welding,
riveting, arching, asphalt coating, smooth-flo, and slotted
- Learn and understand all of our systems and procedures
regarding safety, quality control, and environmental
- Learn and understand the key office processes such as payroll,
production reporting, plant financials, plant metrics, Maintenance,
- Participate and lead improvement projects ranging from 5S,
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), process improvement and
development, process and procedure documentation.
- Be a contributing member to the daily activities of the plant
- Lead and manage plant personnel, including training, mentoring,
guiding, and disciplining. Know and understand discipline policies
and procedures, hourly job responsibilities, cross training and
- Implementation of visual management and kanbans for all raw
materials and finished goods
- Other duties assignedMinimum EducationRequired minimum
education: 4 year/Bachelors degreePreferred Specialty/Major:
Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Management, or Business
- Combination of post-secondary education and experience will be
considered in lieu of degree.QualificationsRequired:
- Ability to relocate in 12- 18 months based on organizational
- Ability and desire to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate in a team
- Knowledge and ability to implement Lean Manufacturing and
Kanban Material Management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact across multiple
levels of the organization and across function
- This is a trainee level position, placement must be willing to
work in a learning capacity.Preferred:
- Knowledge and experience navigating ERP systemsLocal Candidates
Only Please. No Relocation Assistance is Available.Contech is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in
the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identification, transgender status, national origin, protected
veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Click
here to view information regarding your Equal Employment
Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law
Supplement. Contech is a drug-free workplace and conducts
pre-employment testing as a condition of employment. If you are
unable to apply online due to a disability, contact the Contech
Recruiting team at (513) 645-7000.
Keywords: Contech Engineered Solutions LLC, Ogden , Plant Operations Supervisor Trainee - Ogden, Utah, Professions , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!