Maintenance Technician (Mechanic)
Company: american nutrition
Posted on: April 6, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Maintenance Technician is responsible for
providing technical expertise and support of ongoing operations and
improvements within the pet food manufacturing plant. The primary
focus of this position will be mechanical, electrical and control
systems. The Maintenance Technician will also assist the department
with mechanical and operational issues. This is a hands-on position
with extensive interaction with production
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures.
- Follow direction of maintenance lead and management team.
- Perform predetermined preventative and corrective maintenance via
work orders on various equipment that may include Robots,
Palletizers, Auto-baggers, Scales, Ovens/Dryers, gearboxes, motors,
chains, conveyors, mixers, blowers, screw conveyors, extruders,
canning equipment etc. depending on placement.
- Dismantling/reassembling equipment.
- Equipment start-ups.
- Follow Safety protocols.
- Ability to work in various environments, including loud noises,
- Basic electrical knowledge of 120 and 480v.
- Working knowledge and understanding of industrial manufacturing
motors, gearboxes, various types of conveyor systems, pneumatics,
- Experience with pumps, power supply's, proximity sensors, RTD's,
flow meters, scales, photo eyes & PLC's.
- Mig and Tig welding knowledge and experience a plus.
- All employee will be required to understand and follow plant
cGMP's, and food safety protocols.
- Lifting, bending, kneeling, standing, sitting, climbing ladders
- Food Manufacturing Environment.
- May be asked to support a 6 week rotating schedule of 8 to
12-hour shifts, sometimes including weekends with a customer
service orientation to support plant operations and goals.
- Pre-employment background / drug screening and e-file background
Why work for American Nutrition?
We offer a range of opportunities to start or continue a career in
manufacturing, food manufacturing with a lot of upward mobility,
and a wide rage of career paths within the manufacturing plant as
well as within operational support offices. We also provide an
array of benefits including:
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, and Sick leave
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
- Quarterly bonuses
- 401K matching, and 100% Employer Vesting from the start of 401K
- Tuition reimbursement for schooling
- Dedicated training for advancement
Keywords: american nutrition, Ogden , Maintenance Technician (Mechanic), Professions , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!