Maintenance Technician - Swing Shift
Company: Barnes Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Barnes Group Inc. --- Barnes Aerospace, Ogden Division has an
exciting career opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to play an
integral role in manufacturing operations. The right candidate
should be self-driven and highly skilled with impeccable safety
standards. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a
fast-paced environment, this position may be of special interest to
you. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.\nCore
- Repairs and maintains all facility machinery and mechanical
equipment through preventative maintenance.
- Works with outside vendors and contractors to initiate and
implement equipment and facility repair on an as needed basis.
- Sets up and operates a lathe, drill press, grinder and other
tools while utilizing analytical reasoning, problem solving skills
to examine the form and texture of parts to repair and/or detect
- Inspects, observes and examines mechanical devices in operation
to determine root cause of problem and if necessary, dismantles or
adjust devices to repair to specifications.
- Provides recommendations or modifications to processes and
procedures and trains lower level maintenance mechanics in order to
increase machine efficiency & up time.
- Prioritize daily activities to ensure completion of
responsibilities and to keep the facility running.
- Adheres to required safety standards and procedures.
- Maintains all repair records for lift trucks and company
- Performs preventative maintenance on the facility and
- Learn and adhere to required environmental standards and
- Performs other duties as assigned. -- Qualifications:--
- Must have in-depth knowledge and ability to read and understand
blueprints, electrical, machining, hydraulics, building
- Previous maintenance experience with industrial production
systems, plumbing, control systems, welding, fabrication, and
hydraulic systems preferred.
- Ability to operate a Drill Press, Power/Hand Tools, Measuring
Equipment and Test Equipment such as a volt meter.
- Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail and have the
capacity to handle multiple tasks effectively under deadline
pressures while following direction and completing assignments
accurately and on time.
- Basic computer skills and PLC knowledge.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret drawings, schematics
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner
with all levels of personnel.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven
- --Manufacturing environment experience preferred Education
- High school diploma or GED required
- Apprenticeship or Associates Degree preferred or certificate of
training to demonstrate qualifications.
Keywords: Barnes Group, Ogden , Maintenance Technician - Swing Shift, Professions , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!