Materials Mgmt Clerk
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: May 14, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides control, direction of work priorities, and processing of
logistical Materials Management (MM) flows and activities through
Manufacturing into the Distribution Supply Chain. The
responsibilities of this position are cross functional and job
share across the scope of all materials management processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Applies considerable functional knowledge to perform a broad
range of tasks which include but are not limited to preparing
appropriate documents for International/Domestic
customers/suppliers, (SLI, Export Declaration, Proforma Invoice,
Airway Bill and Bill of Lading, etc.)
* Assists in the determination of harmonized tariff custom codes
(HTS) and Schedule B commodity numbers.
* Determines method of shipment by examining items to be shipped,
destination, route, rate, and time of shipment.
* Address packages, attach packing list, and process with the
appropriate method of shipment i.e. UPS, DHL or Bill of Lading,
including hazardous materials.
* Delivers interplant packages and notifies personnel in regards to
Chain of Custody (CoC), C.O.D.'s, Customer returns, quality system
samples, and product on corporate hold.
* Maintains the SAP, Lablink, MES / Camstar, Star Bill of Lading MM
computerized systems to include; goods receipt, return to vendor,
consumption, process sample removal and procurement, off-site
location movements, production order confirmations, etc
* Initiates Sterilization BPRs. Complete required forms for
production rework and return WIP for finished goods. Reconcile to
* Initiates MM NCs, DS's, MADR's, freight claims and follow on
process's to see them through completion. Financially transacts
approved MADRs through SAP.
* Coordinates usage and removal of material on NC's, DN's, DS's,
Special Handling, Special Quality of Instructions, Segregated Under
Quarantine, blocked and validations.
* Responsible for all incoming shipments of materials and equipment
as well as outgoing shipments; Domestic and International.
* Process, monitor, and perform transfer posting of consignment
* Coordinates Kanban deliveries and activities.
* Determines and coordinates movements of materials and finished
goods to and from Ogden Manufacturing to multiple off-site
* Procures released finished good and quarantine finished good
* Electronically process Sales Orders. Verifies contract pricing
with corporate resupply and data administration.
* Acts as a subject matter expert in continuous account of raw
materials through a perpetual inventory system. Warehouse
management tracking and verification of finished goods through
internal process flows and release. Supports accounting auditing
functions and inventory accuracy reports.
* Interface with Corporate Planners and Distribution Center (DC)
for re-supply of DC demand
* May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex
support tasks that require a higher level of understanding of
functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
* Contacts are regularly with individuals representing outside
organizations, and individuals of significant importance within the
company including Quality Systems, Sustaining Engineering and
Research and Development.
* Involved with planning, preparation and final execution of
* Requires strong persuasion and negotiation skills to accomplish
and implement the objectives of the communication.
* Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new
* Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
* Work may be done without established procedures.
* Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
* Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
* Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with
hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is
occasionally required to climb or balance and wear protective
equipment which includes steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, etc. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when applicable.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
* The employee may also be exposed to bovine and human blood
products. Hepatitis B Vaccination is recommended
* High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Minimum of 6+ years' related experience.
* Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to clearly and effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra, geometry and convert unit of measures.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
* Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order
processing systems; Spreadsheet/Excel software; Word Processing
software, Lablink, MES Camstar and the RFID scanning system.
* Fork-lift certification
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Ogden , Materials Mgmt Clerk, Professions , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!