IT Support Technician
Company: America First Credit Union
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Schedule: Mon- Fri Overview:Installs, configures, supports, and
troubleshoots IT equipment including PCs, monitors, printers, and
other peripheral equipment as needed. Receives and organizes
hardware inventory for short term staging and efficient deployment.
Will be responsible for proper hardware disposal and recycling.
Supports assigned 2nd level support staff in monitoring and
handling basic service calls. Assists assigned 2nd level staff with
service ticket workload for quick problem resolution. Prepares
standard procedures documentation, provides user assistance, and
performs related work as required.Responsibilities:1. Assumes
responsibility of end user IT equipment.
a. Contribute to the proper installation, maintenance and disposal
of desktop computers, monitors, printers, and other
b. Provide user support to ensure the effective and timely
resolution of technical problems, keeping staff informed of the
status of their request for support.
c. Document solutions to problems regarding standard IT hardware
and applications and record them in the IT Knowledge Base.
d. Coordinate IT equipment inventory and maintain equipment in a
suitable condition for loan.
e. May be asked to support the technical set up of presentation
facilities including projectors, and video conferencing
f. Responsible for the technical set up of all training
g. Help coordinate the effective and timely supply and distribution
of IT consumables.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective communication, coordination, and working relations with
area staff and management.
a. Keeps management informed of significant problems and of
progress attained in reaching established objectives. Provides
recommendations for establishing new and more effective programs
and future equipment needs. Suggests related procedural
b. Assists and supports the rest of the team as needed.
c. Prepares reports of activities, records, and other required
d. Attends and participates in meetings and committees as
3. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
a. Stays informed of changes in computer technology.
b. Keeps work area clean, secure, and well-maintained.
c. Completes special projects as assigned.
- High School graduate (classes in hardware and Microsoft
- Any A+ or other PC hardware or printer certifications will be
- Basic Vocational or Tech school courses highly desired.
- Understanding of Windows Operating System.
- Familiar with Mac Operating System.
- Understanding of desktop applications such as Microsoft Office,
Adobe, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot standard hardware and
- Able to communicate with technical knowhow but at a level for
the average end user to comprehend.
- Use of standardized application and driver installations.
- Good communication skills using speech and writing, also in
electronic form through email and instant messaging.
- Ability to touch-type at a speed of at least 30 words per
minute using proper grammar and spelling.
- Two years experience working with Windows desktop operating
- One to two years PC hardware trouble shooting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well organized, with good verbal and written communications
- Ability to prioritize and plan projects effectively.
- Ability to assist others and share knowledge with other team
- Able to use PC, terminal keyboards, and various computer
Keywords: America First Credit Union, Ogden , IT Support Technician, Professions , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!