Manufacturing Technician 1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Manufacturing
Technician 1 to join the Nozzle Value Stream team at our
Promontory, Utah plant.Role description & Responsibilities:
- Follows established planning or procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of machine and related motion to
evaluate movement, controls, heat/cooling during operation, to form
a solid billet.
- Sets up and operates press cure equipment - PLC or manual
controlled. Must understand machine fault codes and related
mechanical/electrical relationship as it relates to the operation
of the machine.
- Makes operator-controlled repairs as required.
- Works with several types of adhesives and adjoining
- Must pass all job-specific or specialized certification
programs required for core tasks or specialized assignments.
- Must be willing to work swing shift on occasion.
- Must be willing to perform work on weekends and holidays as
- Must be willing to work overtime as required.Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 0 to 2 years of manufacturing (product assembly)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen Experience Preferred:
- Operating industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts,
precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Previous experience working with adhesives and adjoining
- Makes operator-controlled repairs as required. Skills &
- Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long
periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift,
bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.).
- Able to read, comprehend and follow established written
instructions without deviation.
- Perform basic math and measurement functions.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance. Salary Range:
$33,500 USD - $55,800 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Ogden , Manufacturing Technician 1, Professions , Corinne, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!