Refrigeration Facilities Technician - Night Shift
Company: West Liberty Foods
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OUR TEAM IS OUR BEST ASSET
About West Liberty Foods
West Liberty Foods manufactures hundreds of meat and poultry
products that can be found in well-known grocery stores and top
restaurant chains nationwide. . We are The Surprisingly Big
Company, and we're right in your backyard.
Build your career with West Liberty Foods and be a part of an
exciting, collaborative team environment!
We are currently hiring for:
Job Title Refrigeration FacilitiesTechnician
Job Summary: Refrigeration Facilities Technician is responsible for
maintaining, operating, inspecting and repairing various types of
ammonia refrigeration equipment, boiler equipment, well equipment,
air compressor system and HVAC equipment and also testing and
maintaining the chemical systems used in the refrigeration system
and in the boiler systems. This position is also responsible for
maintaining and repairing areas associated with the
facility/building. This position may also assist in the Waste Water
Treatment area of Utilities as needed.
- Perform PMs and repairs on compressors, condensers,
evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, and other machinery included
in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves.
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated
- Replace defective fan motors.
- Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the
cause and correct the problem.
- Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas.
- Drain oil from ammonia system.
- Fill out daily reports.
- Remove and reinstall ammonia compressors.
- Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper
- Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements.
- Perform oil and ammonia sampling for analysis on a regular
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians,
and pipe fitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration
system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety
policies, and meeting work standards.
- Inspect and maintain the ammonia detection system.
- Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning
properly at all times.
- Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Ability to write SOPs, pump-down procedures, LOTO
- Remove and install 3 phase motors.
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and
related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces
gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Other routine work such as hanging plastic and handling roof
concerns as needed.
- Participate in an active role on the HAZMAT team utilizing
expert knowledge of the Utilities Department.
- Assist the PSM Coordinator to ensure maintenance and compliance
with WLF PSM Program by following guidelines and standards in
- Other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:
- Associate Degree or a minimum of 2 years of experience in
mechanical/refrigeration/utilities field in an industrial or
manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Able to successfully complete Ammonia Technician Operator Level
1 and 2 will be required.
- Working knowledge of ammonia refrigeration system is a
- Basic computer skills including Google Suite and L2L.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to cover other days and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to climb ladders and do work on aerial work
platforms as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work in all types of conditions including cold
work in the winter time and hot work in the summer time.
- Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings.
- Must be able to comply with a respirator fit test as part of
the HAZMAT Team.
- Candidates must successfully pass post-offer/pre-employment
drug test, background screen and physical.West Liberty
Foods/Liberty Cold is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply
online on our careersite at https://careers.wlfoods.com/.
Keywords: West Liberty Foods, Ogden , Refrigeration Facilities Technician - Night Shift, Professions , Mantua, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!