Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: November 17, 2023
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Area Maintenance Technician provides leadership and direction
to multiple ESA facilities within their assigned Region. This role
reports directly to the Regional Operations leader for the assigned
Region and is responsible for maintaining all assigned ESA
property/assets in good repair and in presentable condition as
outlined in Extended Stay America Green Shield program. The Area
Maintenance Technician (AMT) will also assist the facilities teams
within the assigned region to manage facilities and maintenance
requirements within the regions' sites, ensuring best practices are
deployed to achieve efficiencies, reduce operating costs, and
maintain a work environment which meet ESA's operations
requirements. This role will also have responsibility and oversight
for completion of facilities work/projects to reduce the number of
OOS rooms, limit the need for outside contractor usage to reduce
ESA's (GC) costs, and provide additional preventive maintenance
program training and support to Maintenance Technicians in
designated Region. The AMT also maintain effective relationships
with all ESA cross functional teams and operations leaders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provides training, coaching and development to new and existing
Maintenance Technicians within the assigned region to build and
maintain a high performing team.
* Demonstrate accountability and ownership over safety, maintenance
and repair, parts inventory control, transactional data quality,
technology, and management services for assigned locations &
* The ability to possess Mechanical aptitude for understanding
facility and facility asset management and maintenance and apply as
necessary (ex. Roofing, Dry wall, HAVC, Plumbing, Electrical,
* Ensure alignment of regional processes, protocols, procedures,
and corporate Initiatives throughout Region.
* Develop and foster internal and external relationships in support
of facility programs including strategic vendor management.
* Responsible for prompt and efficient customer service in assigned
area, resolving any issues in a courteous manner.
* Analyze all operating metrics, providing guidance on trends and
developing prompt actions to correct performance issues or
inefficiencies while identifying opportunities to reduce
* Ensure maintenance work is completed in accordance with all
State, Federal and Company standards.
* Identify systematic opportunities for improvement and implement
best practices in Safety, Operations and Maintenance to drive
operational excellence at all locations within assigned area.
* Lead assigned projects: develop timelines, identify resources,
and address barriers to defined objectives.
* Serve as a subject matter expert and functional resource to
Maintenance technicians and operations leaders in the areas of
facilities management, safety, and compliance.
* Develop fact-based recommendations to improve current processes
and programs as they relate to facility operations while ensuring
maximum performance and effectiveness through collaboration with
Regional Asset Manager (RAM) and regional operations leader.
* Other projects or duties as assigned.
* Responds to emergencies as needed.
* Work on specific property/region projects assigned by regional
* Other duties assigned by the regional operations leader.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
* Ability to read and speak English proficiently and interact with
guests, associates and law enforcement.
* Ability to read and interpret and documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to use units of American measurement for weight, volume
* Ability to always apply good judgment.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations.
* Ability to understand and follow guidelines, procedures, and
* Ability to travel within assigned area.
* Performs key job duties with minimal supervision.
* General knowledge of basic PC and email operation.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently
works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to
wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* Associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations
within a reasonable geography.
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Optional Employee Paid - Voluntary Benefits
Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
401(k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay range information for the position you are applying for is
Disclaimer: Compensation may vary based on role, level, experience,
length of time in a position, and location. Candidates are not
guaranteed to be at the high or low end of the compensation ranges
presented. The Company complies with applicable federal, state, and
local minimum wage requirements.
For Colorado, Washington, California, Applicants Only:
Area Maintenance Technician $25.48 - $34.62 /hour
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to
three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Valid Driver's License
* Must have willingness and openness to continuously learn and
apply industry trends to the business.
* Strong people and project management skills with outstanding
* Proven negotiation and influencing abilities, as well as strong
analytical skills and command of details.
* Understands and can demonstrate correct painting procedures and
selection of appropriate paint for task.
* Understands and can demonstrate correct 6" x 6" drywall patching
procedures and texturing.
* Understands and can demonstrate correct caulking technique and
appropriate caulk selection for the task.
* Understands and can demonstrate correct flooring techniques.
* Understands and can demonstrate basic plumbing repair
* Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience working in an
operations or facility maintenance environment.
* Project management experience.
* Experience as a leader over multiple Maintenance associates and
multiple locations, including some remote.
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Ogden , Area Maintenance, Professions , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!