Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job SummaryThe Firmware Engineer will be responsible for
supporting the firmware development team in the design, development
and production of our firmware supported products. They will also
be responsible for testing, documenting, and creating firmware
standards. Role and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and maintains firmware software used in
electronic hardware devices
- Prepares and creates instructional technical manuscripts for
- Maintains existing firmware and performs changes based on field
- Plans, improves, and manages software application from
inception to use.
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently
and in group settings.
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Able to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in embedded software design (C,
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science,
electrical engineering or closely related field.
- Uses test-driven development methodologies.
- Uses fundamental RTOS concepts (preemption, task
- Expertise in unit testing in an embedded development
- Uses static analyzer to increase code reliability.
- Develops peripheral drivers.
- Designs complete embedded software system architecture.
- Understands electronics circuit diagrams
- Able to work independently and drive own tasks in context of
company goals.Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluency in the Microsoft .NET development environment and the
- Experience with the Quantum Leaps QP framework and QM modeling
- Understands hierarchical state machines
- Experience with STM32 microcontroller family
- Experience with C++ and the Qt framework
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Proficient in code coverage tools to enhance reliability of
- Uses lab equipment (scopes, multi-meters, etc.) to analyze and
trouble shoot system
- Some lifting up to 20 pounds may be required
- Regular use of a computer keyboard is required
- Employee regularly stands for several hours per shift
- This position requires the employee to be present in the office
or on the job site, and therefore, attendance is an essential
function of this position
Visual acuity, hearing and speaking
- Employee is regularly required to speak and hear clearly, both
in person and by telephone
- Regularly utilizes written and oral communication skills
- Requires ability to read and interpret information and
- Performs detailed work on multiple concurrent projects
Environment and scheduling
- Primarily engineering, laboratory, and shop environments
- Must be willing and able to work at the jobsite
- Work responsibilities may require access to areas where noise
and temperature levels are elevated
Keywords: Qnergy, Ogden , Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!